John Drew Brands recognizes the importance of your privacy and we are committed to protecting the information we collect from you. This policy describes the type of information we may collect from you or that you may provide use when you visit johndewbrands.com and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect on this website and through mobile/desktop applications you download from this website. It does not cover any information collected by third-party sites or content or applications that may link to or be accessible from or on the site.
1. Collection of Information
We collect personal data about our customers in a number of ways. In this section, we describe what types of personal data we collect, the ways we collect it and how we use it. While we have tried to be complete, this list is not necessarily exhaustive, given that these activities can vary from time to time. When we collect information, we will tell you at the point of collection what information is required and what information is optional. We collect personal information both directly from the information you provide us with as well as automatically as you navigate through the website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies. This collection of information includes any information that can personally identify you. This information may include details such as your name, age, gender, contact information, postal email address, and products you are interested in.
Information You Provide to Us
Examples of information that you provide us with include information collected from filling in forms on our website, when subscribing to promotional communications, when entering into a contest or promotion, when reporting a problem with our website, when responding to a survey, and records and copies of correspondence, including email addresses, if you make contact with us. The types of personal data typically collected by us may include the following, depending on your activities:
- Contact information and Geographic Location, including name, title, street address (home, work, billing, shipping), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address (home, work), company name and other similar information, and your geographic location.
- Personal/demographic information, including birthday/age/age group, gender, birth date, salary range, occupation, level of education, contest- or promotion-specific information.
- Authentication information, including user IDs, log-in names, passwords, password reminders, etc. (in addition to other personal data such as contact information, birth date and the like).
- Transactional and financial information, including products or services you may purchase, inquire about or request, payment information, and debit/credit card information.
- Preferences, views and comments, including beverage preferences and consumption frequency, subscriptions/communications preferences, feedback in response to surveys, etc.
- Participation information, including event attendance, sweepstakes/contest entries (including all information submitted on an entry), information provided when requesting or receiving discounts/coupons/rebates, registrations, information relating to use of online communities and all other user submissions and content you provide.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Our website may also use IP addresses for the same purposes identified above, as well as to analyze trends, administer our website, track users’ movements and online activity and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may use web beacons (also known as Internet tags or clear GIFs) on our website to access and set cookies and otherwise help us to better understand how users are moving through our website. Information provided by the web beacon includes the computer’s IP address, the type of browser being used, traffic data, location data, information about your computer and internet connection, and the time that the web beacon was viewed. We may also use web beacons in emails and newsletters so that we know when such communications have been opened and to otherwise help us tailor our communications to individual users. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may contain personal information. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences
- Speed up your searches
2. How We Use Your Information and Disclose Your Personal Information
Generally, we collect, use and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- Responding to your requests;
- Providing you with products or services that you have ordered;
- Processing your order transactions and contacting you regarding your order;
- Providing you with product information and other communications;
- Improving our products, services and websites;
- Sending you promotional communications or offers (unless you have requested that we not send such communications);
- Marketing, research and legal purposes and;
- Facilitating our internal business operations.
3. Security of Your Information
We take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. Please keep in mind, however, there is no such thing as perfect security, and no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user name and password you use, if applicable.
We may disclose personal data you provide to any of our other brands and to our affiliates, companies and/or their related brands, and to consultants, service providers, promotional partners and contractors that we use to support our business and operations (e.g., delivery services, financial institutions, fulfillment services, technical support, advertising, public relations, media and marketing services, sweepstakes, promotions, campaigns and contest-related services, call-in centers, e-commerce and other web-related services such as web hosting and web monitoring services and event-related services such as online and offline data capture) who have agreed to keep the information confidential and use it only to provide the applicable service(s).
Where the law allows it, we may share customers’ personal data with affiliates, companies and/or their related brands or selected third-party partners to enable them to market their or other selected third parties’ products and services to you. You may let us know that you do not want your personal data shared in this way by indicating such preference through opting out.
Our website provides customers with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us or our partners. You may request to be completely removed from our database by emailing us at [insert email address]. Additionally, customers who no longer want to receive promotional emails may opt-out of receiving communications by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email.
We may also disclose personal data to third parties (including, without limitation, governmental agencies) if required to do so by law, regulation or court order; to respond to governmental and/or law enforcement requests; to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with our (or others’) rights or property; to support any actual or threatened claim, defense or declaration in a case or before any jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration or mediation panel; or in connection with disciplinary actions/investigations. Likewise, we may disclose personal data to third parties in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of the business of our website or the sale, assignment, merger, reorganization or other transfer of any of our brands or companies.